Sunday, December 18, 2005

I am looking for bread.

I like being the guy that can say "Hey, I know where the best kinds of food are in Richmond." Well, I would like it if I were that guy, but it turns out that I'm not. Yet. I am starting with bread. My goal is to find the best bread in the city - the flaky crust but soft inside kind of bread that you can put things in before eating, or even just eat. I figure that bread is a pretty simple way to start.

You might say to me, RMS, or Justin if you don't play video games with me, but anyway, RMS, why don't you just go to Richmond.com or read Style Weekly? They know where the best food is. And if you said that, I would say well, that's an interesting theory. But the thing is, I'd rather just go eat things.

So far I've gotten bread from Metro Bakery, Jean Jacques, and Coppola's. I'm going to have to say Jean Jacques is the best so far. Their baguettes are flaky, but the bread has a good flavor. They're also a lot softer than they seem at first.

Seriously. Sandwiches make me really happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home