Friday, October 28, 2005

Wearing my VT hat

Yesterday I was accepted into the brethren of Hokies for a VT football game. It was quite the ridiculously amazing experience, not least of which because I had an experienced Hokie as my guide and co-conspirator. Plus VT won, which was sweet.

Seriously. I don't know if you've ever heard 60,000 people yelling at you to fail, but the BC quarterbacks sure did. And I was one of them.

For those of you who have never attended a VT home game before, allow me to teach you about a few things:
  1. It's totally fine to have a cooler of beer, beach chairs, and a grill with tasty meats on it in the middle of a college campus on game day. It seemed kind of crazy, but seriously. What stopped me from doing this the first time I was in college? What a sweet ass way to spend a school day.
  2. Orange is a cool color to have as your color. Seriously, I'm tired of blue and red and green as colors.
  3. When it's time for a third down defensive stop, everyone gets out their keys and jingles them around. If you look at the student section while this is going on, there are all kinds of glinting silver sparkles. It looks sweet and hard-ass, like death, and not at all like dainty glitter that a teenage girl might appreciate, unless she also appreciates hard hits by linebackers.
  4. Seriously, 30-10.
Anyway, it was great. I hope the Hokies beat Miami, that's for sure. That would be a very good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home